LAMP Ministries have been promoting spiritual wellness and has been nurturing faith in Jesus Christ to those in remote northern Canada since 1970. In this episode, listen to the executive director of LAMP Ministry, Rev. Dr. Steve Schave, as he informs us about the challenges and opportunities of sharing the Gospel of Christ in this setting.
LAMP’s volunteers and staff from Canada and the United States share the love of Jesus to Indigenous people in communities in remote northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia through Christ-centered Bible studies and other outreach projects. To learn more about their outreach programs and other events visit: https://www.lampministry.org
LAMP Ministry has been sharing the Gospel in remote northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia since 1970. LAMP is able to provide Jesus-focused materials to help these communities learn about our Savior. During this episode hear from the executive director Rev. Schave as he discusses his passion for spreading the Good News in this area of the world. Making disciples of all nations includes these hard-to-reach communities. LAMP has been able to create long-lasting relationships between volunteers, staff, and the communities so that short-term efforts stretch into lifelong faith. Understand how life differs for those in these small remote communities and what hope LAMP is able to offer them.
· What is the story of LAMP Ministries?
· How is God expanding the ministries there?
· How do you bring supplies to these communities?
· Why is LAMP critical to these remote communities?
· What is the process like for volunteers and their churches?
· How does VBS play a role in the ministry?
· What stories are there about the impact on children or volunteers?
· How does LAMP impact adults in these communities?
· What impact has the COVID-19 pandemic had on this ministry’s ability to serve?
· Currently, how are needs (both physical and spiritual) being met?
· How can listeners get involved?
About the Guest:
Rev. Dr. Steve Schave is the executive director of LAMP Ministry. Dr. Schave received his Doctor of Ministry at Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne with a dissertation that focused on church planting resources based on a ‘witness, mercy, life together’ framework for doing missions. His past ministry work includes an extensive focus on outreach through human care, as well as church revitalization with a focus on neighborhood renewal in the inner city. Rev. Schave and his wife Kim live in Alberta, Canada.